– Mission Mutual
IllumiNations is a collective impact alliance of Bible translation partners and resource partners working together to eradicate Bible poverty in this generation.
More than one billion people in the world live without a Bible translation in their native language. IllumiNations is a group of the largest Bible translators in the world coming together to translate the Bible into some 3,000+ languages over the next 30 years.
The IllumiNations platform that I helped to lead through the design and build process is a digital tool that allows each of the 11 partner translation organizations insight into the progress of the work. It also serves as a hub for people interested in following along and supporting the global Bible translation effort.
This project has so many different facets to it.
- Integration of immense data sets
- Custom donation and campaign fundraising user experiences were designed with multiple stakeholders in mind.
- Deep filtering, searching and sorting of thousands of translation projects.
- User accounts with giving history and a personalized engagement hub.
- A unique prayer experience
- Multiple additional storytelling mechanisms designed to drive deeper engagement with the movement.
To date, millions of dollars in donations have gone through the website, thousands of prayers have been cataloged, and incredible progress has been made to the goal of these translation organizations.
What I did
Front end development